The Ten Commandments of Egoless Programming
1. Understand and accept that you will make mistakes.
Tue Apr 2 07:00:00 2019 - permalink -
2. You are not your code.
3. No matter how much "karate" you know, someone else will always know more.
4. Don't rewrite code without consultation.
5. Treat people who know less than you with respect, deference, and patience.
6. The only constant in the world is change.
7. The only true authority stems from knowledge, not from position.
8. Fight for what you believe, but gracefully accept defeat.
9. Don't be "the guy in the room."
10. Critique code instead of people – be kind to the coder, not to the code.