Every time I try a new search on Google, I get this error :
"Our systems have detected unusual traffic from your computer network."
+ details mentionning my public IPv6
(will add details about this ;-)
And I need to complete a Captcha to be allowed to make searches on Google
- this happens on a Debian 9 workstation running Firefox 52.x
- disabling plugins doesn't fix the problem
- I get this error even right after booting my PC + opening Firefox
As for Google's support pages, this is where you've probably already been redirected to :
As for me, none of the blocking conditions matched :
- no VPN
- no malware
- no automated search tool
I've tried almost everything I've been able to find on the Internetz. Nothing worked. Below is what worked so far :
- open Firefox
- enter the "about:config" mode
- change "network.dns.disableIPv6" to "true"
NB : this bug came out of the blue and disappeared alike. I can't be sure this method effectively solves it. Time will tell us.